- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (947)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (238)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Dupont’s Lark (Chersophilus duponti): Request for information from North Africa
- Principe Speirops (Zosterops leucophaeus): revise global status?
- Tickell’s Brown Hornbill (Anorrhinus tickelli): request for information.
- Sichuan Treecreeper (Certhia tianquanensis): downlist from Near Threatened to Least Concern?
- Gurney’s Pitta (Hydrornis gurneyi): revise global status?
Tag Archives: Oriental Pied Hornbill
Archived 2011-2012 topics: Oriental Pied Hornbill (Anthracoceros albirostris): request for information
Although little concern has been expressed in the past regarding its status, it was recently noted that this species has been almost completely extirpated from southern China (J. Fellowes in litt. 2010). In the Thai-Malay Peninsula, the species is in decline probably owing to off-take for the trade in fledglings and outright forest clearance, which leads to its local disappearance (Wells 1999). Continue reading