- Africa (220)
- Americas (422)
- Archive (949)
- Asia (334)
- Australia (45)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (61)
- Pacific (164)
- Species Group (257)
- Taxonomy (176)
Five most recent topics
- A re-evaluation of the species limits in Asian white-eyes Zosterops: implications and an appeal for information to assess the status of the newly-recognised Sangkar White-eye Z. melanurus
- Brown-cheeked Bulbul (Alophoixus bres): request for information
- Seychelles White-eye (Zosterops modestus): revise global status?
- Maroon-tailed Parakeet (Pyrrhura melanura) is being split: assessment of newly recognised taxa.
- The newly described taxon Rote Leaf-warbler (Phylloscopus rotiensis) is to be recognized as a species by BirdLife International.
Tag Archives: Oriental Pied Hornbill
Archived 2011-2012 topics: Oriental Pied Hornbill (Anthracoceros albirostris): request for information
Although little concern has been expressed in the past regarding its status, it was recently noted that this species has been almost completely extirpated from southern China (J. Fellowes in litt. 2010). In the Thai-Malay Peninsula, the species is in decline probably owing to off-take for the trade in fledglings and outright forest clearance, which leads to its local disappearance (Wells 1999). Continue reading