- Africa (220)
- Americas (422)
- Archive (949)
- Asia (334)
- Australia (45)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (61)
- Pacific (164)
- Species Group (257)
- Taxonomy (176)
Five most recent topics
- A re-evaluation of the species limits in Asian white-eyes Zosterops: implications and an appeal for information to assess the status of the newly-recognised Sangkar White-eye Z. melanurus
- Brown-cheeked Bulbul (Alophoixus bres): request for information
- Seychelles White-eye (Zosterops modestus): revise global status?
- Maroon-tailed Parakeet (Pyrrhura melanura) is being split: assessment of newly recognised taxa.
- The newly described taxon Rote Leaf-warbler (Phylloscopus rotiensis) is to be recognized as a species by BirdLife International.
Tag Archives: Obscure Berrypecker
BirdLife Species factsheet for Obscure Berrypecker: http://datazone.birdlife.org/species/factsheet/obscure-berrypecker-melanocharis-arfakiana Obscure Berrypecker, Melanocharis arfakiana, is endemic to the island of New Guinea (Papua New Guinea and Indonesia) and is currently listed as Data Deficient (see BirdLife International 2017). Historically, it was known … Continue reading
Obscure Berrypecker Melanocharis arfakiana is currently listed as Data Deficient, on the basis that there is insufficient information available to evaluate the species’s threat status using the IUCN criteria. Up-to-date information on this species is requested to help in the re-evaluation of its status. In particular, estimates of the population size and details of potential threats and their impacts would be useful. Continue reading