- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (946)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (238)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Dupont’s Lark (Chersophilus duponti): Request for information from North Africa
- Principe Speirops (Zosterops leucophaeus): revise global status?
- Tickell’s Brown Hornbill (Anorrhinus tickelli): request for information.
- Sichuan Treecreeper (Certhia tianquanensis): downlist from Near Threatened to Least Concern?
- Gurney’s Pitta (Hydrornis gurneyi): revise global status?
Tag Archives: Obscure Berrypecker
BirdLife Species factsheet for Obscure Berrypecker: http://datazone.birdlife.org/species/factsheet/obscure-berrypecker-melanocharis-arfakiana Obscure Berrypecker, Melanocharis arfakiana, is endemic to the island of New Guinea (Papua New Guinea and Indonesia) and is currently listed as Data Deficient (see BirdLife International 2017). Historically, it was known … Continue reading
Obscure Berrypecker Melanocharis arfakiana is currently listed as Data Deficient, on the basis that there is insufficient information available to evaluate the species’s threat status using the IUCN criteria. Up-to-date information on this species is requested to help in the re-evaluation of its status. In particular, estimates of the population size and details of potential threats and their impacts would be useful. Continue reading