- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (946)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (238)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Dupont’s Lark (Chersophilus duponti): Request for information from North Africa
- Principe Speirops (Zosterops leucophaeus): revise global status?
- Tickell’s Brown Hornbill (Anorrhinus tickelli): request for information.
- Sichuan Treecreeper (Certhia tianquanensis): downlist from Near Threatened to Least Concern?
- Gurney’s Pitta (Hydrornis gurneyi): revise global status?
Tag Archives: Oaxaca Sparrow
Oaxaca Sparrow Aimophila notosticta is currently listed as Near Threatened under criterion B1a+b(i,ii,iii,v), on the basis that it has a moderately small range, which is probably in decline owing to habitat loss and degradation. This species’s Extent of Occurrence was recently estimated at 39,300 km2 which does not approach the threshold for Vulnerable under the B1 criterion.