- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (946)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (238)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Dupont’s Lark (Chersophilus duponti): Request for information from North Africa
- Principe Speirops (Zosterops leucophaeus): revise global status?
- Tickell’s Brown Hornbill (Anorrhinus tickelli): request for information.
- Sichuan Treecreeper (Certhia tianquanensis): downlist from Near Threatened to Least Concern?
- Gurney’s Pitta (Hydrornis gurneyi): revise global status?
Tag Archives: Oahu Elepaio
Archived 2010-2011 topics: Kauai Elepaio (Chasiempis sclateri) and Oahu Elepaio (Chasiempis ibidis): newly-split and Endangered?
Elepaio Chasiempis sandwichensis has been split into Hawaii Elepaio C. sandwichensis, Kauai Elepaio C. sclateri and Oahu Elepaio C. ibidis, following the American Ornithologists Union, and it is proposed that both C. sclateri and C. ibidis be listed as Endangered, owing their very small, severely fragmented range and suspected declines in population, range size and habitat quality. Comments and further information are sought. Continue reading