- Africa (220)
- Americas (422)
- Archive (949)
- Asia (334)
- Australia (45)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (61)
- Pacific (164)
- Species Group (257)
- Taxonomy (176)
Five most recent topics
- A re-evaluation of the species limits in Asian white-eyes Zosterops: implications and an appeal for information to assess the status of the newly-recognised Sangkar White-eye Z. melanurus
- Brown-cheeked Bulbul (Alophoixus bres): request for information
- Seychelles White-eye (Zosterops modestus): revise global status?
- Maroon-tailed Parakeet (Pyrrhura melanura) is being split: assessment of newly recognised taxa.
- The newly described taxon Rote Leaf-warbler (Phylloscopus rotiensis) is to be recognized as a species by BirdLife International.
Tag Archives: Noble Snipe
Noble Snipe Gallinago nobilis is currently listed as Least Concern because it was not believed to approach the thresholds for Vulnerable under any of the IUCN criteria. However, if the rates of habitat loss and intensity of hunting pressure described by Cisneros-Heredia (2006) for Ecuador are representative of threats throughout its range, this species could be experiencing an ongoing and moderately rapid decline, likely to be approaching 30% over 14 years (estimate of three generations).