- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (946)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (238)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Dupont’s Lark (Chersophilus duponti): Request for information from North Africa
- Principe Speirops (Zosterops leucophaeus): revise global status?
- Tickell’s Brown Hornbill (Anorrhinus tickelli): request for information.
- Sichuan Treecreeper (Certhia tianquanensis): downlist from Near Threatened to Least Concern?
- Gurney’s Pitta (Hydrornis gurneyi): revise global status?
Tag Archives: Noble Snipe
Noble Snipe Gallinago nobilis is currently listed as Least Concern because it was not believed to approach the thresholds for Vulnerable under any of the IUCN criteria. However, if the rates of habitat loss and intensity of hunting pressure described by Cisneros-Heredia (2006) for Ecuador are representative of threats throughout its range, this species could be experiencing an ongoing and moderately rapid decline, likely to be approaching 30% over 14 years (estimate of three generations).