- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (947)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (238)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Dupont’s Lark (Chersophilus duponti): Request for information from North Africa
- Principe Speirops (Zosterops leucophaeus): revise global status?
- Tickell’s Brown Hornbill (Anorrhinus tickelli): request for information.
- Sichuan Treecreeper (Certhia tianquanensis): downlist from Near Threatened to Least Concern?
- Gurney’s Pitta (Hydrornis gurneyi): revise global status?
Tag Archives: Niceforo’s Wren
Niceforo’s Wren Thryothorus nicefori is currently listed as Critically Endangered under criterion C2a(i), based on the species having a population of fewer than 250 mature individuals, experiencing a continuing decline, with all sub-populations numbering 50 individuals or less. Recent records have extended the species’s known range, thus comments on the likely total population size would be welcomed. Continue reading