- Africa (220)
- Americas (422)
- Archive (949)
- Asia (334)
- Australia (45)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (61)
- Pacific (164)
- Species Group (257)
- Taxonomy (176)
Five most recent topics
- A re-evaluation of the species limits in Asian white-eyes Zosterops: implications and an appeal for information to assess the status of the newly-recognised Sangkar White-eye Z. melanurus
- Brown-cheeked Bulbul (Alophoixus bres): request for information
- Seychelles White-eye (Zosterops modestus): revise global status?
- Maroon-tailed Parakeet (Pyrrhura melanura) is being split: assessment of newly recognised taxa.
- The newly described taxon Rote Leaf-warbler (Phylloscopus rotiensis) is to be recognized as a species by BirdLife International.
Tag Archives: New Zealand Pigeon
Archived 2014 discussion: New Zealand Pigeon (Hemiphaga novaeseelandiae) is being split: list H. chathamensis as Vulnerable and H. novaeseelandiae as Near Threatened?
New Zealand Pigeon Hemiphaga novaeseelandiae is being split into H. novaeseelandiae and H. chathamensis, following the application of criteria set out by Tobias et al. (2010). Continue reading