- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (860)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (238)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Shelley’s Eagle-owl (Bubo shelleyi): revise global status?
- Le Conte’s Thrasher (Toxostoma lecontei): request for information.
- Lark Bunting (Calamospiza melanocorys): revise global status?
- Henslow’s Sparrow (Passerculus henslowii): revise global status?
- Harris’s Sparrow (Zonotrichia querula): revise global status?
Tag Archives: Montserrat
BirdLife species factsheet for Forest thrush: http://datazone.birdlife.org/species/factsheet/forest-thrush-turdus-lherminieri Forest thrush (Turdus lherminieri) is endemic to the Lesser Antilles, where it is uncommon on Montserrat (to U.K.), Dominica and Guadeloupe (to France), and rare (perhaps extirpated) on St Lucia. The species underwent … Continue reading
Montserrat Oriole Icterus oberi is endemic to Montserrat (to UK) where it has an extremely small range. It is currently listed as Critically Endangered under criterion B1ab due to a rapid population decline between 1997 and 2000 (Arendt et al. … Continue reading