- Africa (220)
- Americas (422)
- Archive (949)
- Asia (334)
- Australia (45)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (61)
- Pacific (164)
- Species Group (257)
- Taxonomy (176)
Five most recent topics
- A re-evaluation of the species limits in Asian white-eyes Zosterops: implications and an appeal for information to assess the status of the newly-recognised Sangkar White-eye Z. melanurus
- Brown-cheeked Bulbul (Alophoixus bres): request for information
- Seychelles White-eye (Zosterops modestus): revise global status?
- Maroon-tailed Parakeet (Pyrrhura melanura) is being split: assessment of newly recognised taxa.
- The newly described taxon Rote Leaf-warbler (Phylloscopus rotiensis) is to be recognized as a species by BirdLife International.
Tag Archives: Military Macaw
Military Macaw Ara militaris is listed as Vulnerable under criteria A2c,d; A3c,d; A4c,d on the basis that a population decline equivalent to 30-49% over 10 years is suspected in the past and projected in the future, owing to habitat loss and harvesting for the pet trade (Snyder et al. 2000). Recently it has been noted that the species appears to be rarely traded in Bolivia, where good numbers are protected in five national parks (B. Hennessey in litt.). This raises the question of whether the population is still in rapid decline.