- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (946)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (238)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Dupont’s Lark (Chersophilus duponti): Request for information from North Africa
- Principe Speirops (Zosterops leucophaeus): revise global status?
- Tickell’s Brown Hornbill (Anorrhinus tickelli): request for information.
- Sichuan Treecreeper (Certhia tianquanensis): downlist from Near Threatened to Least Concern?
- Gurney’s Pitta (Hydrornis gurneyi): revise global status?
Tag Archives: Military Macaw
Military Macaw Ara militaris is listed as Vulnerable under criteria A2c,d; A3c,d; A4c,d on the basis that a population decline equivalent to 30-49% over 10 years is suspected in the past and projected in the future, owing to habitat loss and harvesting for the pet trade (Snyder et al. 2000). Recently it has been noted that the species appears to be rarely traded in Bolivia, where good numbers are protected in five national parks (B. Hennessey in litt.). This raises the question of whether the population is still in rapid decline.