- Africa (212)
- Americas (377)
- Archive (946)
- Asia (321)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (149)
- Species Group (239)
- Taxonomy (165)
Five most recent topics
- Reclassification of species listed as CR, CR (PE), EW and EX following Butchart et al. (2018)
- Schoutedden’s Swift (Schoutedenapus schoutedeni): no longer a valid taxon.
- Spectacled Eider (Somateria fischeri): request for information.
- Dupont’s Lark (Chersophilus duponti): Request for information from North Africa
- Principe Speirops (Zosterops leucophaeus): revise global status?
Tag Archives: Mauritius
Endemic to Mauritius, the Pink Pigeon (Nesoenas mayeri) numbered only 12 wild individuals in 1986 (see Mauritian Wildlife Foundation webpage; http://www.mauritian-wildlife.org/application/index.php?tpid=30&tcid=33). Intensive conservation efforts have aided the recovery of the species, combatting threats such as habitat loss, predation by and … Continue reading