- Africa (220)
- Americas (422)
- Archive (1,032)
- Asia (334)
- Australia (45)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (61)
- Pacific (164)
- Species Group (257)
- Taxonomy (176)
Five most recent topics
- Pampas Meadowlark (Leistes defilippii): request for information.
- Cipo Canastero (Asthenes luizae): revise global status?
- Plumbeous Antvireo (Dysithamnus plumbeus): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered?
- Helmeted Woodpecker (Hylatomus galeatus): uplist from VU to EN?
- Black-capped Piprites (Piprites pileata): downlist from Vulnerable to Near Threatened?
Tag Archives: Mauritius
BirdLife species factsheet for Mascarene Swiftlet: http://datazone.birdlife.org/species/factsheet/mascarene-swiftlet-aerodramus-francicus Mascarene Swiftlet (Aerodramus francicus) has recently been split into two subspecies (Kirwan et al. 2018). The nominate subspecies is found on Mauritius, where the species has, at the very least, undergone historical declines … Continue reading
BirdLife species factsheet for Echo Parakeet Echo Parakeet (Psittacula eques) is endemic to Mauritius, where it inhabits forests and scrubland (Jones 1987, Marshall 1997, Jones et al. 2013). Once widespread across the island, numbers started to decline in the 19th … Continue reading
Endemic to Mauritius, the Pink Pigeon (Nesoenas mayeri) numbered only 12 wild individuals in 1986 (see Mauritian Wildlife Foundation webpage; http://www.mauritian-wildlife.org/application/index.php?tpid=30&tcid=33). Intensive conservation efforts have aided the recovery of the species, combatting threats such as habitat loss, predation by and … Continue reading