- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (946)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (238)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Dupont’s Lark (Chersophilus duponti): Request for information from North Africa
- Principe Speirops (Zosterops leucophaeus): revise global status?
- Tickell’s Brown Hornbill (Anorrhinus tickelli): request for information.
- Sichuan Treecreeper (Certhia tianquanensis): downlist from Near Threatened to Least Concern?
- Gurney’s Pitta (Hydrornis gurneyi): revise global status?
Tag Archives: Matsudaira’s Storm-petrel
Archived 2014 discussion: Matsudaira’s Storm-petrel (Oceanodroma matsudairae): request for information
Matsudaira’s Storm-petrel Oceanodroma matsudairae is known to breed at least on Minami-iwo-jima and perhaps formerly on Kita-iwo-jima, both situated in the Volcano Islands (=Kazan Retto), Japan (Chiba et al. 2007), and may also breed on the Ogasawara Islands (Brazil 1991, 2009). It is currently listed as Data Deficient on the basis that insufficient information was available for the evaluation of its status against the IUCN criteria.Further information on this species is requested to help in the assessment of its threat status. Continue reading