- Africa (220)
- Americas (422)
- Archive (949)
- Asia (334)
- Australia (45)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (61)
- Pacific (164)
- Species Group (257)
- Taxonomy (176)
Five most recent topics
- A re-evaluation of the species limits in Asian white-eyes Zosterops: implications and an appeal for information to assess the status of the newly-recognised Sangkar White-eye Z. melanurus
- Brown-cheeked Bulbul (Alophoixus bres): request for information
- Seychelles White-eye (Zosterops modestus): revise global status?
- Maroon-tailed Parakeet (Pyrrhura melanura) is being split: assessment of newly recognised taxa.
- The newly described taxon Rote Leaf-warbler (Phylloscopus rotiensis) is to be recognized as a species by BirdLife International.
Tag Archives: Matsudaira’s Storm-petrel
Archived 2014 discussion: Matsudaira’s Storm-petrel (Oceanodroma matsudairae): request for information
Matsudaira’s Storm-petrel Oceanodroma matsudairae is known to breed at least on Minami-iwo-jima and perhaps formerly on Kita-iwo-jima, both situated in the Volcano Islands (=Kazan Retto), Japan (Chiba et al. 2007), and may also breed on the Ogasawara Islands (Brazil 1991, 2009). It is currently listed as Data Deficient on the basis that insufficient information was available for the evaluation of its status against the IUCN criteria.Further information on this species is requested to help in the assessment of its threat status. Continue reading