- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (946)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (238)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Dupont’s Lark (Chersophilus duponti): Request for information from North Africa
- Principe Speirops (Zosterops leucophaeus): revise global status?
- Tickell’s Brown Hornbill (Anorrhinus tickelli): request for information.
- Sichuan Treecreeper (Certhia tianquanensis): downlist from Near Threatened to Least Concern?
- Gurney’s Pitta (Hydrornis gurneyi): revise global status?
Tag Archives: Maroon-fronted Parrot
Maroon-fronted Parrot Rhynchopsitta terrisi is currently listed as Vulnerable under criterion B1 of the IUCN Red List owing to its small range and declining area of habitat. Recently, it has been suggested that the population size has been over-estimated for this species (J. Gilardi in litt. 2010), so up-to-date information is requested. Continue reading