- Africa (220)
- Americas (422)
- Archive (949)
- Asia (334)
- Australia (45)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (61)
- Pacific (164)
- Species Group (257)
- Taxonomy (176)
Five most recent topics
- A re-evaluation of the species limits in Asian white-eyes Zosterops: implications and an appeal for information to assess the status of the newly-recognised Sangkar White-eye Z. melanurus
- Brown-cheeked Bulbul (Alophoixus bres): request for information
- Seychelles White-eye (Zosterops modestus): revise global status?
- Maroon-tailed Parakeet (Pyrrhura melanura) is being split: assessment of newly recognised taxa.
- The newly described taxon Rote Leaf-warbler (Phylloscopus rotiensis) is to be recognized as a species by BirdLife International.
Tag Archives: Maroon-faced Parakeet
Archived 2014 discussion: Maroon-faced Parakeet (Pyrrhura leucotis) is being split: list P. leucotis as Vulnerable and P. emma as Near Threatened or Least Concern?
Maroon-faced Parakeet Pyrrhura leucotis is being split into P. leucotis and P. emma, following the application of criteria set out by Tobias et al. (2010). Continue reading
Archived 2012-2013 topics: Maroon-faced Parakeet (Pyrrhura leucotis): redefinition of species limits requires reassessment of Red List status
This discussion was first published on Dec 3 2010 as part of the 2010-2011 Red List update, but remains open for comment to enable reassessment in 2013. A large-scale re-evaluation of species limits among Pyrrhura parakeets has resulted in, amongst … Continue reading