- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (946)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (238)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Dupont’s Lark (Chersophilus duponti): Request for information from North Africa
- Principe Speirops (Zosterops leucophaeus): revise global status?
- Tickell’s Brown Hornbill (Anorrhinus tickelli): request for information.
- Sichuan Treecreeper (Certhia tianquanensis): downlist from Near Threatened to Least Concern?
- Gurney’s Pitta (Hydrornis gurneyi): revise global status?
Tag Archives: Maroon-faced Parakeet
Archived 2014 discussion: Maroon-faced Parakeet (Pyrrhura leucotis) is being split: list P. leucotis as Vulnerable and P. emma as Near Threatened or Least Concern?
Maroon-faced Parakeet Pyrrhura leucotis is being split into P. leucotis and P. emma, following the application of criteria set out by Tobias et al. (2010). Continue reading
Archived 2012-2013 topics: Maroon-faced Parakeet (Pyrrhura leucotis): redefinition of species limits requires reassessment of Red List status
This discussion was first published on Dec 3 2010 as part of the 2010-2011 Red List update, but remains open for comment to enable reassessment in 2013. A large-scale re-evaluation of species limits among Pyrrhura parakeets has resulted in, amongst … Continue reading