- Africa (220)
- Americas (422)
- Archive (949)
- Asia (334)
- Australia (45)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (61)
- Pacific (164)
- Species Group (257)
- Taxonomy (176)
Five most recent topics
- A re-evaluation of the species limits in Asian white-eyes Zosterops: implications and an appeal for information to assess the status of the newly-recognised Sangkar White-eye Z. melanurus
- Brown-cheeked Bulbul (Alophoixus bres): request for information
- Seychelles White-eye (Zosterops modestus): revise global status?
- Maroon-tailed Parakeet (Pyrrhura melanura) is being split: assessment of newly recognised taxa.
- The newly described taxon Rote Leaf-warbler (Phylloscopus rotiensis) is to be recognized as a species by BirdLife International.
Tag Archives: Manus Masked-owl
Archived 2014 discussion: Australian Masked-owl (Tyto novaehollandiae), Lesser Masked-owl (T. sororcula) and Manus Masked-owl (T. manusi) are being lumped as T. novaehollandiae: list the newly defined species as Least Concern?
Australian Masked-owl Tyto novaehollandiae, Lesser Masked-owl T. sororcula and Manus Masked-owl T. manusi are being lumped as T. novaehollandiae, following the application of criteria set out by Tobias et al. (2010). Continue reading
BirdLife Species Factsheet for Manus Masked-owl Manus Masked-owl Tyto manusi is known only from two historic specimens from Manus in the Admiralty Islands of Papua New Guinea. There are no records of the species since 1934 (P. Gregory in litt. … Continue reading