- Africa (220)
- Americas (422)
- Archive (949)
- Asia (334)
- Australia (45)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (61)
- Pacific (164)
- Species Group (257)
- Taxonomy (176)
Five most recent topics
- A re-evaluation of the species limits in Asian white-eyes Zosterops: implications and an appeal for information to assess the status of the newly-recognised Sangkar White-eye Z. melanurus
- Brown-cheeked Bulbul (Alophoixus bres): request for information
- Seychelles White-eye (Zosterops modestus): revise global status?
- Maroon-tailed Parakeet (Pyrrhura melanura) is being split: assessment of newly recognised taxa.
- The newly described taxon Rote Leaf-warbler (Phylloscopus rotiensis) is to be recognized as a species by BirdLife International.
Tag Archives: Malaysian Whistling-thrush
Archived 2010-2011 topics: Malaysian Whistling-thrush (Myophonus robinsoni): uplist to Near Threatened?
Malaysian Whistling-thrush Myophonus robinsoni is currently listed as Least Concern. New information suggests it is suspected to be declining and the range and population size estimates meet the thresholds for Endangered under the B criterion and Vulnerable under the C criterion, however the species does not qualify for these categories because its population is not considered to be severely fragmented and there is insufficient information available to ascertain its sub-population structure. Is therefore proposed that the species be uplisted to Near Threatened. Continue reading