- Africa (220)
- Americas (422)
- Archive (949)
- Asia (334)
- Australia (45)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (61)
- Pacific (164)
- Species Group (257)
- Taxonomy (176)
Five most recent topics
- A re-evaluation of the species limits in Asian white-eyes Zosterops: implications and an appeal for information to assess the status of the newly-recognised Sangkar White-eye Z. melanurus
- Brown-cheeked Bulbul (Alophoixus bres): request for information
- Seychelles White-eye (Zosterops modestus): revise global status?
- Maroon-tailed Parakeet (Pyrrhura melanura) is being split: assessment of newly recognised taxa.
- The newly described taxon Rote Leaf-warbler (Phylloscopus rotiensis) is to be recognized as a species by BirdLife International.
Tag Archives: Malayan Banded Pitta
Archived 2010-2011 topics: Newly-split Malayan Banded Pitta (Pitta irena), Bornean Banded Pitta (P. schwaneri) and Javan Banded Pitta (P. guajana): list all as Least Concern?
Banded Pitta Pitta guajana has been split into Malayan Banded Pitta P. irena, Bornean Banded Pitta P. schwaneri and Javan Banded Pitta P. guajana: it is proposed that P. irena, P. schwaneri and P. guajana all be listed as Least Concern on the basis that none of them meet the thresholds for Vulnerable under any of the IUCN criteria. Continue reading