- Africa (220)
- Americas (422)
- Archive (949)
- Asia (334)
- Australia (45)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (61)
- Pacific (164)
- Species Group (257)
- Taxonomy (176)
Five most recent topics
- A re-evaluation of the species limits in Asian white-eyes Zosterops: implications and an appeal for information to assess the status of the newly-recognised Sangkar White-eye Z. melanurus
- Brown-cheeked Bulbul (Alophoixus bres): request for information
- Seychelles White-eye (Zosterops modestus): revise global status?
- Maroon-tailed Parakeet (Pyrrhura melanura) is being split: assessment of newly recognised taxa.
- The newly described taxon Rote Leaf-warbler (Phylloscopus rotiensis) is to be recognized as a species by BirdLife International.
Tag Archives: Malawi
Archived 2017 topics: Spotted Ground-thrush (Geokichla guttata): downlist from Endangered to Vulnerable?
BirdLife Species factsheet for Spotted Ground-thrush: http://datazone.birdlife.org/species/factsheet/spotted-ground-thrush-geokichla-guttata The Spotted Ground-thrush, Geokichla guttata (formerly placed in the genus Zoothera) is currently listed as Endangered under criterion C2a(i), on the basis that it has a very small and fragmented population which … Continue reading
Archived 2016 topics: Olive-flanked Robin-chat (Cossypha anomala) is being moved to genus Dessonornis and split: list D. anomala as Vulnerable? Request for information on D. mbuluensis.
This is part of a consultation on the Red List implications of extensive changes to BirdLife’s taxonomy for passerines Lynx Edicions and BirdLife International will soon publish the second volume of the HBW-BirdLife Illustrated Checklist of the Birds of the … Continue reading