- Africa (220)
- Americas (422)
- Archive (949)
- Asia (334)
- Australia (45)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (61)
- Pacific (164)
- Species Group (257)
- Taxonomy (176)
Five most recent topics
- A re-evaluation of the species limits in Asian white-eyes Zosterops: implications and an appeal for information to assess the status of the newly-recognised Sangkar White-eye Z. melanurus
- Brown-cheeked Bulbul (Alophoixus bres): request for information
- Seychelles White-eye (Zosterops modestus): revise global status?
- Maroon-tailed Parakeet (Pyrrhura melanura) is being split: assessment of newly recognised taxa.
- The newly described taxon Rote Leaf-warbler (Phylloscopus rotiensis) is to be recognized as a species by BirdLife International.
Tag Archives: Magdalena Antbird
Archived 2011-2012 topics: Dull-mantled Antbird (Myrmeciza laemosticta) and Magdalena Antbird (M. palliata): newly split and threatened?
Dull-mantled Antbird Myrmeciza laemosticta and Magdalena Antbird M. palliata have been split following a study into these taxa’s vocalisations and genetic divergence (Chaves et al. 2010), and a further discussion in reaction to the resulting SACC proposal, which has now been approved. The likely rates of population decline are not known for these species, thus further information is requested on the severity of threats, in particular the rate and extent of habitat loss. Continue reading