- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (946)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (238)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Dupont’s Lark (Chersophilus duponti): Request for information from North Africa
- Principe Speirops (Zosterops leucophaeus): revise global status?
- Tickell’s Brown Hornbill (Anorrhinus tickelli): request for information.
- Sichuan Treecreeper (Certhia tianquanensis): downlist from Near Threatened to Least Concern?
- Gurney’s Pitta (Hydrornis gurneyi): revise global status?
Tag Archives: Lesser Yellowlegs
Lesser Yellowlegs Tringa flavipes is listed as Least Concern on the basis that it is not believed to approach the thresholds for Vulnerable under any of the IUCN criteria. In recent years, evidence of declines in the population of T. flavipes has raised concerns over the species’s status. Up-to-date information is requested on this species’s population trend and the severity of potential threats. Continue reading