- Africa (220)
- Americas (422)
- Archive (949)
- Asia (334)
- Australia (45)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (61)
- Pacific (164)
- Species Group (257)
- Taxonomy (176)
Five most recent topics
- A re-evaluation of the species limits in Asian white-eyes Zosterops: implications and an appeal for information to assess the status of the newly-recognised Sangkar White-eye Z. melanurus
- Brown-cheeked Bulbul (Alophoixus bres): request for information
- Seychelles White-eye (Zosterops modestus): revise global status?
- Maroon-tailed Parakeet (Pyrrhura melanura) is being split: assessment of newly recognised taxa.
- The newly described taxon Rote Leaf-warbler (Phylloscopus rotiensis) is to be recognized as a species by BirdLife International.
Tag Archives: Lesser Florican
A survey conducted in August 2010 (coinciding with a peak in male displays) in north-western India (Gujarat, Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh) (Bhardwaj et al. 2011), which followed methodology comparable to that of a survey in 1999 (Sankaran 2000), recorded a decline of 65% in the sightings of S. indicus. Information on recent population trends is requested from other parts of the species’s range to help in the assessment of the overall rate of decline. Continue reading