- Africa (196)
- Americas (350)
- Archive (849)
- Asia (310)
- Australia (41)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (87)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (58)
- Pacific (140)
- Species Group (227)
- Taxonomy (161)
Five most recent topics
- Pale-throated Wren-babbler (Spelaeornis kinneari): revise global status?
- Painted Bunting (Passerina ciris): revise global status?
- Spectacled Eider (Somateria fischeri): request for information.
- Bahama Nuthatch (Sitta insularis): revise global status?
- Tawny Eagle (Aquila rapax): revise global status?
- Women are championing mangrove conservation in Nigeria March 5, 2018A group of women are working tirelessly to reverse life-threatening challenges facing local economies in Nigeria, as the country’s declining mangrove forests face extinction – after decades of degradation. The Society for Women and Vulnerable Groups (SWOVUGE) is helping communities to restore and sustainably manage mangrove forests in the five villages of the Ukpom Okom […]
- Project to save the “Rhinoceros of the Caribbean” gets gold standard March 2, 2018OK, we admit it – it’s not really a rhinoceros. But the fascinating Rhinoceros Iguana Cyclura cornuta isn’t so-called for nothing. The horn on its head really does resemble that of a rhino – but on such a large reptile, it might be more apt to compare it to a dinosaur like the Triceratops. And it’s not […]
- Nature in the rich man’s world March 1, 2018Ariel Brunner calls for more funding for EU nature conservation in his editorial for the latest issue of the BirdLife Europe & Central Asia newsletter. Read the full issue – February Newsletter: The Silence of the Leaders All of us know the challenges of managing our budgets - of saving bit by bit for something […]
- Women are championing mangrove conservation in Nigeria March 5, 2018
Tag Archives: Leach’s Storm-petrel
Archived 2016 topics: Leach’s Storm-petrel (Hydrobates leucorhous): uplist from Least Concern to Vulnerable?
BirdLife species factsheet for Leach’s storm-petrel: http://www.birdlife.org/datazone/species/factsheet/22698511 The Leach’s storm-petrel has an extensive global range and breeding colonies are confined to the northern hemisphere, from the South Kuril Islands (Japan) round to Baja California (Mexico) including the Aleutian Islands, Alaska … Continue reading