- Africa (220)
- Americas (422)
- Archive (949)
- Asia (334)
- Australia (45)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (61)
- Pacific (164)
- Species Group (257)
- Taxonomy (176)
Five most recent topics
- A re-evaluation of the species limits in Asian white-eyes Zosterops: implications and an appeal for information to assess the status of the newly-recognised Sangkar White-eye Z. melanurus
- Brown-cheeked Bulbul (Alophoixus bres): request for information
- Seychelles White-eye (Zosterops modestus): revise global status?
- Maroon-tailed Parakeet (Pyrrhura melanura) is being split: assessment of newly recognised taxa.
- The newly described taxon Rote Leaf-warbler (Phylloscopus rotiensis) is to be recognized as a species by BirdLife International.
Tag Archives: Kofiau Paradise-kingfisher
Archived 2012-2013 topics: Kofiau Paradise-kingfisher (Tanysiptera ellioti): downlist to Vulnerable or Near Threatened?
BirdLife species factsheet for Kofiau Paradise-kingfisher Kofiau Paradise-kingfisher Tanysiptera ellioti is restricted to the island of Kofiau (144 km2) in the West Papuan islands of Indonesia. It is currently classified as Endangered under criterion C2a(ii), as it was thought to have … Continue reading