- Africa (220)
- Americas (422)
- Archive (949)
- Asia (334)
- Australia (45)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (61)
- Pacific (164)
- Species Group (257)
- Taxonomy (176)
Five most recent topics
- A re-evaluation of the species limits in Asian white-eyes Zosterops: implications and an appeal for information to assess the status of the newly-recognised Sangkar White-eye Z. melanurus
- Brown-cheeked Bulbul (Alophoixus bres): request for information
- Seychelles White-eye (Zosterops modestus): revise global status?
- Maroon-tailed Parakeet (Pyrrhura melanura) is being split: assessment of newly recognised taxa.
- The newly described taxon Rote Leaf-warbler (Phylloscopus rotiensis) is to be recognized as a species by BirdLife International.
Tag Archives: Kauai Elepaio
Archived 2010-2011 topics: Kauai Elepaio (Chasiempis sclateri) and Oahu Elepaio (Chasiempis ibidis): newly-split and Endangered?
Elepaio Chasiempis sandwichensis has been split into Hawaii Elepaio C. sandwichensis, Kauai Elepaio C. sclateri and Oahu Elepaio C. ibidis, following the American Ornithologists Union, and it is proposed that both C. sclateri and C. ibidis be listed as Endangered, owing their very small, severely fragmented range and suspected declines in population, range size and habitat quality. Comments and further information are sought. Continue reading