- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (860)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (238)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Shelley’s Eagle-owl (Bubo shelleyi): revise global status?
- Le Conte’s Thrasher (Toxostoma lecontei): request for information.
- Lark Bunting (Calamospiza melanocorys): revise global status?
- Henslow’s Sparrow (Passerculus henslowii): revise global status?
- Harris’s Sparrow (Zonotrichia querula): revise global status?
Tag Archives: Kaempfer’s Woodpecker
This discussion was first published as part of the 2016 Red List update. At the time a decision regarding its status was pended, but to enable potential reassessment of this species as part of the 2018 Red List update this … Continue reading
Archived 2010-2011 topics: Kaempfer’s Woodpecker (Celeus obrieni): request for information on its population size
Kaempfer’s Woodpecker Celeus obrieni is currently listed as Critically Endangered under criterion C2a(ii), because it was suspected to have a population numbering fewer than 250 mature individuals, undergoing a continued decline owing to habitat loss and degradation, with at least 90% of mature individuals in one sub-population. The species’s scarcity within its range indicates that it exists at low densities, but its new EOO suggests that the species’s population is likely to number more than 250 mature individuals.