- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (860)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (238)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Shelley’s Eagle-owl (Bubo shelleyi): revise global status?
- Le Conte’s Thrasher (Toxostoma lecontei): request for information.
- Lark Bunting (Calamospiza melanocorys): revise global status?
- Henslow’s Sparrow (Passerculus henslowii): revise global status?
- Harris’s Sparrow (Zonotrichia querula): revise global status?
Tag Archives: Javan White-eye
While historically recognised as a threat to species, the cage bird trade, and in particular the Indonesian songbird trade has been receiving more attention as a key driver behind species declines in Asia (see Chng et al. 2015, Eaton et al. 2015, Harris et al. 2015, … Continue reading
Archived 2016 topics: Javan White-eye (Zosterops flavus): uplist from Near Threatened to Vulnerable?
Zosterops flavus is currently assessed as Near Threatened on the basis that it has a highly restricted and fragmented range and is likely to be declining moderately as a result of habitat loss, but that the species could still be … Continue reading