- Africa (220)
- Americas (422)
- Archive (949)
- Asia (334)
- Australia (45)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (61)
- Pacific (164)
- Species Group (257)
- Taxonomy (176)
Five most recent topics
- A re-evaluation of the species limits in Asian white-eyes Zosterops: implications and an appeal for information to assess the status of the newly-recognised Sangkar White-eye Z. melanurus
- Brown-cheeked Bulbul (Alophoixus bres): request for information
- Seychelles White-eye (Zosterops modestus): revise global status?
- Maroon-tailed Parakeet (Pyrrhura melanura) is being split: assessment of newly recognised taxa.
- The newly described taxon Rote Leaf-warbler (Phylloscopus rotiensis) is to be recognized as a species by BirdLife International.
Tag Archives: Iberian Green Woodpecker
Archived 2015 topics: Iberian Green Woodpecker (Picus sharpei) – uplist from Least Concern to Near Threatened?
Iberian Green Woodpecker Picus sharpei is endemic to Spain, Portugal, the Pyrenees and extreme SW France. It was recently elevated to full species status, having previously been considered conspecific with Eurasian Green Woodpecker P. viridis (del Hoyo & Collar 2014). … Continue reading