- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (949)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (238)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Dupont’s Lark (Chersophilus duponti): Request for information from North Africa
- Re-assessment of Species against Criterion B1: Red List Implications of the use of Minimum Convex Polygons
- Principe Speirops (Zosterops leucophaeus): revise global status?
- Tickell’s Brown Hornbill (Anorrhinus tickelli): request for information.
- Sichuan Treecreeper (Certhia tianquanensis): downlist from Near Threatened to Least Concern?
Tag Archives: Hydrobates jabejabe
Archived 2018 topic: Band-rumped Storm-petrel (Hydrobates castro) is being split: assessment of newly recognised taxa.
Following a taxonomic reassessment, the Band-rumped Storm-petrel, Hydrobates castro, has been split on the HBW/BirdLife International checklist into H. castro and H. jabejabe. H. castro encompasses the vast majority of the range of the pre-split species and with no evidence to … Continue reading