- Africa (212)
- Americas (377)
- Archive (946)
- Asia (321)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (149)
- Species Group (239)
- Taxonomy (165)
Five most recent topics
- Reclassification of species listed as CR, CR (PE), EW and EX following Butchart et al. (2018)
- Schoutedden’s Swift (Schoutedenapus schoutedeni): no longer a valid taxon.
- Spectacled Eider (Somateria fischeri): request for information.
- Dupont’s Lark (Chersophilus duponti): Request for information from North Africa
- Principe Speirops (Zosterops leucophaeus): revise global status?
Tag Archives: Hydrobates castro
Archived 2018 topic: Band-rumped Storm-petrel (Hydrobates castro) is being split: assessment of newly recognised taxa.
Following a taxonomic reassessment, the Band-rumped Storm-petrel, Hydrobates castro, has been split on the HBW/BirdLife International checklist into H. castro and H. jabejabe. H. castro encompasses the vast majority of the range of the pre-split species and with no evidence to … Continue reading