- Africa (220)
- Americas (422)
- Archive (949)
- Asia (334)
- Australia (45)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (61)
- Pacific (164)
- Species Group (257)
- Taxonomy (176)
Five most recent topics
- A re-evaluation of the species limits in Asian white-eyes Zosterops: implications and an appeal for information to assess the status of the newly-recognised Sangkar White-eye Z. melanurus
- Brown-cheeked Bulbul (Alophoixus bres): request for information
- Seychelles White-eye (Zosterops modestus): revise global status?
- Maroon-tailed Parakeet (Pyrrhura melanura) is being split: assessment of newly recognised taxa.
- The newly described taxon Rote Leaf-warbler (Phylloscopus rotiensis) is to be recognized as a species by BirdLife International.
Tag Archives: Hyacinth Macaw
Hyacinth Macaw Anodorhynchus hyacinthinus is currently listed as Endangered under criterion A2c,d because the population has undergone very rapid declines in the past and the threats of illegal trapping for the cagebird trade and habitat loss persist. The rate of past declines has been estimated to be in the range of 50-79% over 45 years (estimate of three generations). It is now unclear whether the population as a whole is still declining at a rate of 50-79% over 45 years. Continue reading