- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (949)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (238)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Dupont’s Lark (Chersophilus duponti): Request for information from North Africa
- Re-assessment of Species against Criterion B1: Red List Implications of the use of Minimum Convex Polygons
- Principe Speirops (Zosterops leucophaeus): revise global status?
- Tickell’s Brown Hornbill (Anorrhinus tickelli): request for information.
- Sichuan Treecreeper (Certhia tianquanensis): downlist from Near Threatened to Least Concern?
Tag Archives: Hyacinth Macaw
Hyacinth Macaw Anodorhynchus hyacinthinus is currently listed as Endangered under criterion A2c,d because the population has undergone very rapid declines in the past and the threats of illegal trapping for the cagebird trade and habitat loss persist. The rate of past declines has been estimated to be in the range of 50-79% over 45 years (estimate of three generations). It is now unclear whether the population as a whole is still declining at a rate of 50-79% over 45 years. Continue reading