- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (946)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (238)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Dupont’s Lark (Chersophilus duponti): Request for information from North Africa
- Principe Speirops (Zosterops leucophaeus): revise global status?
- Tickell’s Brown Hornbill (Anorrhinus tickelli): request for information.
- Sichuan Treecreeper (Certhia tianquanensis): downlist from Near Threatened to Least Concern?
- Gurney’s Pitta (Hydrornis gurneyi): revise global status?
Tag Archives: Hawaii Elepaio
Elepaio Chasiempis sandwichensis has been split into Hawaii Elepaio C. sandwichensis, Kauai Elepaio C. sclateri and Oahu Elepaio C. ibidis, following the American Ornithologists Union. This taxonomic change has prompted a review of the threat status of the relevant taxa. It is proposed that C. sandwichensis be retained as Vulnerable under the B1 criterion on the basis that it has an EOO now estimated at 5,900 km2 on Hawai`i, in which its habitat is severely fragmented and the species is provisionally suspected to be declining based on past evidence and ongoing threats – comments on this proposal are invited. Continue reading