- Africa (220)
- Americas (422)
- Archive (949)
- Asia (334)
- Australia (45)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (61)
- Pacific (164)
- Species Group (257)
- Taxonomy (176)
Five most recent topics
- A re-evaluation of the species limits in Asian white-eyes Zosterops: implications and an appeal for information to assess the status of the newly-recognised Sangkar White-eye Z. melanurus
- Brown-cheeked Bulbul (Alophoixus bres): request for information
- Seychelles White-eye (Zosterops modestus): revise global status?
- Maroon-tailed Parakeet (Pyrrhura melanura) is being split: assessment of newly recognised taxa.
- The newly described taxon Rote Leaf-warbler (Phylloscopus rotiensis) is to be recognized as a species by BirdLife International.
Tag Archives: Hawaii Elepaio
Elepaio Chasiempis sandwichensis has been split into Hawaii Elepaio C. sandwichensis, Kauai Elepaio C. sclateri and Oahu Elepaio C. ibidis, following the American Ornithologists Union. This taxonomic change has prompted a review of the threat status of the relevant taxa. It is proposed that C. sandwichensis be retained as Vulnerable under the B1 criterion on the basis that it has an EOO now estimated at 5,900 km2 on Hawai`i, in which its habitat is severely fragmented and the species is provisionally suspected to be declining based on past evidence and ongoing threats – comments on this proposal are invited. Continue reading