- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (947)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (238)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Dupont’s Lark (Chersophilus duponti): Request for information from North Africa
- Principe Speirops (Zosterops leucophaeus): revise global status?
- Tickell’s Brown Hornbill (Anorrhinus tickelli): request for information.
- Sichuan Treecreeper (Certhia tianquanensis): downlist from Near Threatened to Least Concern?
- Gurney’s Pitta (Hydrornis gurneyi): revise global status?
Tag Archives: Guinea
Archived 2018 topic: Black-headed Rufous-warbler (Bathmocercus cerviniventris): request for information.
Currently listed as Near Threatened, the Black-headed Rufous-warbler (Bathmocercus cerviniventris) is endemic to the Upper Guinea forest of West Africa (see BirdLife International 2018), where the species is predominantly threatened by habitat destruction and degradation. The species is listed as … Continue reading
BirdLife species factsheet for Sierra Leone Prinia: http://datazone.birdlife.org/species/factsheet/sierra-leone-prinia-schistolais-leontica Sierra Leone Prinia, Schistolais leontica (formerly White-eyed Prinia, Prinia leontica) is currently listed as Vulnerable under criteria B1ab(i,ii,iii,v); C2a(i) on the basis that it has a small and localised distribution which … Continue reading