- Africa (220)
- Americas (422)
- Archive (948)
- Asia (334)
- Australia (45)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (61)
- Pacific (164)
- Species Group (257)
- Taxonomy (176)
- Uncategorized (1)
Five most recent topics
- A re-evaluation of the species limits in Asian white-eyes Zosterops: implications and an appeal for information to assess the status of the newly-recognised Sangkar White-eye Z. melanurus
- Brown-cheeked Bulbul (Alophoixus bres): request for information
- Seychelles White-eye (Zosterops modestus): revise global status?
- Maroon-tailed Parakeet (Pyrrhura melanura) is being split: assessment of newly recognised taxa.
- The newly described taxon Rote Leaf-warbler (Phylloscopus rotiensis) is to be recognized as a species by BirdLife International.
Tag Archives: Guinea
BirdLife species factsheet for Senegal Parrot: http://datazone.birdlife.org/species/factsheet/senegal-parrot-poicephalus-senegalus Senegal Parrot (Poicephalus senegalus) is found in the savanna woodland belt of West Africa from Senegal across to northern Cameroon, southern Chad and Central African Republic. While it may occur in a variety … Continue reading
Archived 2018 topic: Black-headed Rufous-warbler (Bathmocercus cerviniventris): request for information.
Currently listed as Near Threatened, the Black-headed Rufous-warbler (Bathmocercus cerviniventris) is endemic to the Upper Guinea forest of West Africa (see BirdLife International 2018), where the species is predominantly threatened by habitat destruction and degradation. The species is listed as … Continue reading
BirdLife species factsheet for Sierra Leone Prinia: http://datazone.birdlife.org/species/factsheet/sierra-leone-prinia-schistolais-leontica Sierra Leone Prinia, Schistolais leontica (formerly White-eyed Prinia, Prinia leontica) is currently listed as Vulnerable under criteria B1ab(i,ii,iii,v); C2a(i) on the basis that it has a small and localised distribution which … Continue reading