- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (860)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (238)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Shelley’s Eagle-owl (Bubo shelleyi): revise global status?
- Le Conte’s Thrasher (Toxostoma lecontei): request for information.
- Lark Bunting (Calamospiza melanocorys): revise global status?
- Henslow’s Sparrow (Passerculus henslowii): revise global status?
- Harris’s Sparrow (Zonotrichia querula): revise global status?
Tag Archives: Green-backed Kingfisher
Archived 2014 discussion: Green-backed Kingfisher (Actenoides monachus) is being split: list both A. monachus and A. capucinus as Near Threatened?
Green-backed Kingfisher Actenoides monachus is being split into A. monachus and A. capucinus following the application of criteria set out by Tobias et al. (2010). Continue reading