- Africa (220)
- Americas (422)
- Archive (949)
- Asia (334)
- Australia (45)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (61)
- Pacific (164)
- Species Group (257)
- Taxonomy (176)
Five most recent topics
- A re-evaluation of the species limits in Asian white-eyes Zosterops: implications and an appeal for information to assess the status of the newly-recognised Sangkar White-eye Z. melanurus
- Brown-cheeked Bulbul (Alophoixus bres): request for information
- Seychelles White-eye (Zosterops modestus): revise global status?
- Maroon-tailed Parakeet (Pyrrhura melanura) is being split: assessment of newly recognised taxa.
- The newly described taxon Rote Leaf-warbler (Phylloscopus rotiensis) is to be recognized as a species by BirdLife International.
Tag Archives: Greater Spotted Eagle
Greater Spotted Eagle Aquila clanga is currently listed as Vulnerable on the IUCN Red List. No comprehensive assessment of the species’s population size globally or population trends in different parts of its range exists; however, given the species’s massive global range it is highly plausible that its population exceeds 10,000 mature individuals (the threshold for listing as VU under criterion C) and may warrant downlisting. Information about the species’s population size and declines are requested to improve our assessment of its global status. Continue reading