- Africa (220)
- Americas (422)
- Archive (948)
- Asia (334)
- Australia (45)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (61)
- Pacific (164)
- Species Group (257)
- Taxonomy (176)
- Uncategorized (1)
Five most recent topics
- A re-evaluation of the species limits in Asian white-eyes Zosterops: implications and an appeal for information to assess the status of the newly-recognised Sangkar White-eye Z. melanurus
- Brown-cheeked Bulbul (Alophoixus bres): request for information
- Seychelles White-eye (Zosterops modestus): revise global status?
- Maroon-tailed Parakeet (Pyrrhura melanura) is being split: assessment of newly recognised taxa.
- The newly described taxon Rote Leaf-warbler (Phylloscopus rotiensis) is to be recognized as a species by BirdLife International.
Tag Archives: Greater Green Leafbird
This discussion was first published as part of the 2018 Red List update. At the time a decision regarding the status of several species was pended, but to enable potential reassessment of these species as part of the 2019 Red … Continue reading
Archived 2016 topics: Greater Green Leafbird (Chloropsis sonnerati): uplist from Least Concern to Near Threatened or Vulnerable?
Greater Green Leafbird occurs in southern Myanmar, southwest Thailand, Borneo, Sumatra and Java. It is currently classified as Least Concern on the basis that it does not approach any of the thresholds for classification as Vulnerable. This species was present … Continue reading