- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (947)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (238)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Dupont’s Lark (Chersophilus duponti): Request for information from North Africa
- Principe Speirops (Zosterops leucophaeus): revise global status?
- Tickell’s Brown Hornbill (Anorrhinus tickelli): request for information.
- Sichuan Treecreeper (Certhia tianquanensis): downlist from Near Threatened to Least Concern?
- Gurney’s Pitta (Hydrornis gurneyi): revise global status?
Tag Archives: Golden-crowned Manakin
Golden-crowned Manakin Lepidothrix vilasboasi is known only from the state of Pará, Brazil, where it is currently known from fewer than five localities, and has an estimated Extent of Occurrence of 160 km2. The Novo Progresso area is currently experiencing one of the highest rates of deforestation in the Amazon. It would therefore appear to qualify as Endangered under criterion B1a+b. Comments on this proposed reclassification are welcomed. Continue reading