- Africa (220)
- Americas (422)
- Archive (949)
- Asia (334)
- Australia (45)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (61)
- Pacific (164)
- Species Group (257)
- Taxonomy (176)
Five most recent topics
- A re-evaluation of the species limits in Asian white-eyes Zosterops: implications and an appeal for information to assess the status of the newly-recognised Sangkar White-eye Z. melanurus
- Brown-cheeked Bulbul (Alophoixus bres): request for information
- Seychelles White-eye (Zosterops modestus): revise global status?
- Maroon-tailed Parakeet (Pyrrhura melanura) is being split: assessment of newly recognised taxa.
- The newly described taxon Rote Leaf-warbler (Phylloscopus rotiensis) is to be recognized as a species by BirdLife International.
Tag Archives: Golden-crowned Manakin
Golden-crowned Manakin Lepidothrix vilasboasi is known only from the state of Pará, Brazil, where it is currently known from fewer than five localities, and has an estimated Extent of Occurrence of 160 km2. The Novo Progresso area is currently experiencing one of the highest rates of deforestation in the Amazon. It would therefore appear to qualify as Endangered under criterion B1a+b. Comments on this proposed reclassification are welcomed. Continue reading