- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (946)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (238)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Dupont’s Lark (Chersophilus duponti): Request for information from North Africa
- Principe Speirops (Zosterops leucophaeus): revise global status?
- Tickell’s Brown Hornbill (Anorrhinus tickelli): request for information.
- Sichuan Treecreeper (Certhia tianquanensis): downlist from Near Threatened to Least Concern?
- Gurney’s Pitta (Hydrornis gurneyi): revise global status?
Tag Archives: Golden-capped Parakeet
Golden-capped Parakeet Aratinga auricapillus is listed as Near Threatened under criteria C1; C2, on the basis that its population is estimated to number at least 10,000 mature individuals and is suspected to be in decline owing to continued habitat destruction. Recently, concerns have been raised that this species may have been incorrectly downlisted from Vulnerable in 2004 (J. Gilardi in litt. 2010). In reaction to these comments a request is made for up-to-date information. Continue reading