- Africa (220)
- Americas (422)
- Archive (949)
- Asia (334)
- Australia (45)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (61)
- Pacific (164)
- Species Group (257)
- Taxonomy (176)
Five most recent topics
- A re-evaluation of the species limits in Asian white-eyes Zosterops: implications and an appeal for information to assess the status of the newly-recognised Sangkar White-eye Z. melanurus
- Brown-cheeked Bulbul (Alophoixus bres): request for information
- Seychelles White-eye (Zosterops modestus): revise global status?
- Maroon-tailed Parakeet (Pyrrhura melanura) is being split: assessment of newly recognised taxa.
- The newly described taxon Rote Leaf-warbler (Phylloscopus rotiensis) is to be recognized as a species by BirdLife International.
Tag Archives: Golden-capped Parakeet
Golden-capped Parakeet Aratinga auricapillus is listed as Near Threatened under criteria C1; C2, on the basis that its population is estimated to number at least 10,000 mature individuals and is suspected to be in decline owing to continued habitat destruction. Recently, concerns have been raised that this species may have been incorrectly downlisted from Vulnerable in 2004 (J. Gilardi in litt. 2010). In reaction to these comments a request is made for up-to-date information. Continue reading