- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (860)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (238)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Shelley’s Eagle-owl (Bubo shelleyi): revise global status?
- Le Conte’s Thrasher (Toxostoma lecontei): request for information.
- Lark Bunting (Calamospiza melanocorys): revise global status?
- Henslow’s Sparrow (Passerculus henslowii): revise global status?
- Harris’s Sparrow (Zonotrichia querula): revise global status?
Tag Archives: Gabon
A rare and poorly known species, Shelley’s Eagle-owl (Bubo shelleyi) is currently listed as Near Threatened (see BirdLife International 2018). It is known only from scattered locations from Sierra Leone, Liberia, Côte d’Ivoire, Ghana (where it could now be extirpated), … Continue reading
Archived 2016 topics: The newly described taxon Stiphrornis pyrrholaemus is to be recognised as a species by BirdLife: request for information
This is part of a consultation on the Red List implications of extensive changes to BirdLife’s taxonomy for passerines Lynx Edicions and BirdLife International will soon publish the second volume of the HBW-BirdLife Illustrated Checklist of the Birds of the … Continue reading