- Africa (220)
- Americas (422)
- Archive (949)
- Asia (334)
- Australia (45)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (61)
- Pacific (164)
- Species Group (257)
- Taxonomy (176)
Five most recent topics
- A re-evaluation of the species limits in Asian white-eyes Zosterops: implications and an appeal for information to assess the status of the newly-recognised Sangkar White-eye Z. melanurus
- Brown-cheeked Bulbul (Alophoixus bres): request for information
- Seychelles White-eye (Zosterops modestus): revise global status?
- Maroon-tailed Parakeet (Pyrrhura melanura) is being split: assessment of newly recognised taxa.
- The newly described taxon Rote Leaf-warbler (Phylloscopus rotiensis) is to be recognized as a species by BirdLife International.
Tag Archives: Fuerteventura Stonechat
Archived 2010-2011 topics: Fuerteventura Stonechat (Saxicola dacotiae): reclassify as Near Threatened or Least Concern?
Fuerteventura Stonechat Saxicola dacotiae is currently listed as Endangered, however a revised population estimate, improved knowledge of its habitat preferences, and lack of any evidence for overall decline, suggest that the global status of the species ought to be revised to either Near Threatened or Least Concern. Continue reading