- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (946)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (238)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Dupont’s Lark (Chersophilus duponti): Request for information from North Africa
- Principe Speirops (Zosterops leucophaeus): revise global status?
- Tickell’s Brown Hornbill (Anorrhinus tickelli): request for information.
- Sichuan Treecreeper (Certhia tianquanensis): downlist from Near Threatened to Least Concern?
- Gurney’s Pitta (Hydrornis gurneyi): revise global status?
Tag Archives: Eye-ringed Thistletail
Eye-ringed Thistletail Schizoeaca palpebralis is currently listed as Least Concern because it was not thought to approach the thresholds for Vulnerable under any of the IUCN criteria. Recently, it has been suggested that this species should be listed as Endangered on the basis that it has a restricted range in which it is threatened by habitat clearance for agriculture (Engblom 2010). Continue reading