- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (860)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (236)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Shelley’s Eagle-owl (Bubo shelleyi): revise global status?
- Le Conte’s Thrasher (Toxostoma lecontei): request for information.
- Lark Bunting (Calamospiza melanocorys): revise global status?
- Henslow’s Sparrow (Passerculus henslowii): revise global status?
- Harris’s Sparrow (Zonotrichia querula): revise global status?
- Scientists brave white-water rapids in search of Critically Endangered wren May 16, 2018With stark cliff walls over 1,600 meters high, the Chicamocha canyon is the deepest in Colombia. Unfortunately for biologists, its difficult terrain houses a number of endemic species. It was in order to confirm the presence of one of these species – Nicéforo’s Wren Thryophilus nicefori – that four biologists from Calidris (BirdLife in Colombia) […]
- Tread softly: new guide for businesses working in important ecosystems May 14, 2018Most businesses want to minimise their impact on the natural world – but it can be hard to know where to start. Luckily, the process has just got a whole lot easier with the release of a new roadmap for companies operating in some of the most biologically significant places on the planet. The report, […]
- Conservationists gather in Middle East to protect migratory birds May 14, 2018“A Summit for the Flyways” united 100 different organisations from 70 different countries to address one problem: how to protect migratory birds on their incredible journey. And with millions of migratory birds passing through the Middle East, it was the perfect opportunity to tackle regional issues, too. BirdLife took advantage of the fact that conservation […]
- Scientists brave white-water rapids in search of Critically Endangered wren May 16, 2018
Tag Archives: European Herring Gull
Archived 2015 topics: European Herring Gull (Larus argentatus) – uplist from Least Concern to Near Threatened?
European Herring Gull Larus argentatus is endemic to Europe, breeding and wintering widely in the N and NW of the continent. It is currently listed as Least Concern, because when last assessed it was not thought to approach the thresholds … Continue reading