- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (947)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (238)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Dupont’s Lark (Chersophilus duponti): Request for information from North Africa
- Principe Speirops (Zosterops leucophaeus): revise global status?
- Tickell’s Brown Hornbill (Anorrhinus tickelli): request for information.
- Sichuan Treecreeper (Certhia tianquanensis): downlist from Near Threatened to Least Concern?
- Gurney’s Pitta (Hydrornis gurneyi): revise global status?
Tag Archives: Eritrea
White-eyed Gull (Larus leucophthalmus) breeds on inshore islands and islets of the Red Sea and Gulf of Aden, while in the non-breeding season some individuals may wander throughout the breeding range. PERSGA/GEF (2003) estimated there to be 12,000-13,000 pairs (excluding … Continue reading
This discussion was first published as part of the 2016 Red List update. At the time a decision regarding its status was pended, but to enable potential reassessment of this species as part of the 2017 Red List update this … Continue reading
Archived 2016 topics: Montane White-eye (Zosterops poliogastrus) is being split: list Z. silvanus as Endangered, Z. winifredae as Vulnerable and Z. kulalensis as Near Threatened? Request for information for Z. eurycricotus and Z. mbuluensis.
This is part of a consultation on the Red List implications of extensive changes to BirdLife’s taxonomy for passerines Lynx Edicions and BirdLife International will soon publish the second volume of the HBW-BirdLife Illustrated Checklist of the Birds of the … Continue reading