- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (946)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (238)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Dupont’s Lark (Chersophilus duponti): Request for information from North Africa
- Principe Speirops (Zosterops leucophaeus): revise global status?
- Tickell’s Brown Hornbill (Anorrhinus tickelli): request for information.
- Sichuan Treecreeper (Certhia tianquanensis): downlist from Near Threatened to Least Concern?
- Gurney’s Pitta (Hydrornis gurneyi): revise global status?
Tag Archives: Edwards’s Pheasant
Archived 2014 discussion: Edwards’s Pheasant (Lophura edwardsi) and Vietnamese Pheasant (L. hatinhensis) are considered to be the same species and are treated as L. edwardsi: list as Critically Endangered?
Edwards’s Pheasant Lophura edwardsi and Vietnamese Pheasant L. hatinhensis are now considered the same species, as evidence implies that L hatinhensis is an inbred morph of L. edwardsi (Hennache et al. 2012). Continue reading
Edwards’s Pheasant, Lophura edwardsi, is endemic to the lowland forests of central Vietnam and is currently listed as Endangered; comments are sought on the species, in particular whether its total population size is likely to now number fewer than 250 mature individuals, in order to determine whether it may warrant uplisting to Critically Endangered. Continue reading