- Africa (220)
- Americas (422)
- Archive (1,032)
- Asia (334)
- Australia (45)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (61)
- Pacific (164)
- Species Group (257)
- Taxonomy (176)
Five most recent topics
- Pampas Meadowlark (Leistes defilippii): request for information.
- Cipo Canastero (Asthenes luizae): revise global status?
- Plumbeous Antvireo (Dysithamnus plumbeus): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered?
- Helmeted Woodpecker (Hylatomus galeatus): uplist from VU to EN?
- Black-capped Piprites (Piprites pileata): downlist from Vulnerable to Near Threatened?
Tag Archives: Dominican Republic
Black Rail (Laterallus jamaicensis) occurs very locally throughout the Americas and the Caribbean. It is found along the east coast of the U.S.A., in California and southward in a few, disjunct locations south to Panama, on the Greater Antilles, in … Continue reading
BirdLife species factsheet for West Indian Whistling-duck West Indian Whistling-duck (Dendrocygna arborea) occurs in the Caribbean. It is found in the Bahamas, on Turks and Caicos, as well as on the Greater Antilles and Lesser Antilles south to Guadeloupe. The … Continue reading
Archived 2016 topics: Chat Tanager (Calyptophilus frugivorus) is being split: list C. frugivorus as Near Threatened and C. tertius as Vulnerable?
This is part of a consultation on the Red List implications of extensive changes to BirdLife’s taxonomy for passerines Lynx Edicions and BirdLife International will soon publish the second volume of the HBW-BirdLife Illustrated Checklist of the Birds of the … Continue reading