- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (860)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (236)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Shelley’s Eagle-owl (Bubo shelleyi): revise global status?
- Le Conte’s Thrasher (Toxostoma lecontei): request for information.
- Lark Bunting (Calamospiza melanocorys): revise global status?
- Henslow’s Sparrow (Passerculus henslowii): revise global status?
- Harris’s Sparrow (Zonotrichia querula): revise global status?
- Many voices, one song: children across Africa sing for migratory birds May 11, 2018This year, to celebrate World Migratory Bird Day, we wanted to do something really special. So we asked schools and BirdLife Partners across the African continent to send in videos of them singing songs about the wonders of bird migration. The results blew us away. The videos were amazing – and all but one were […]
- Great White Pelican discovery in Turkey May 9, 2018A major stopover site of Europe’s Great White Pelicans has recently been discovered in Turkey. A count conducted by our Turkish partner Doğa Derneği showed that more than 15,000 pelicans stop off at the Karacabey Floodplain to roost and feed during their spring migration. The Sea of Marmara may be the smallest sea in the […]
- Incredible “Incubator Bird” to be saved by rat removal on Pacific island May 8, 2018Read the project press release here The Micronesian Scrubfowl Megapodius laperouse is a genius at inventing ways to keep its eggs warm. Those on the Northern Mariana Islands burrow into volcanic cinder fields or use the geothermal heat beneath the ground to warm their unhatched young. Across the Palau archipelago, they bury their eggs in large […]
- Many voices, one song: children across Africa sing for migratory birds May 11, 2018
Tag Archives: Diamond Firetail
Archived 2011-2012 topics: Proposed revisions to Australian endemics based on reassessments in The Action Plan for Australian Birds 2010
The following Australian endemic species have been proposed for global reassessment following publication of a comprehensive reassessment of the status of Australian birds (Garnett, S.T., Szabo, J. 2011 and Dutson, G. Action Plan for Australian Birds 2010. CSIRO, Melbourne) Reassessment … Continue reading →