- Africa (220)
- Americas (422)
- Archive (949)
- Asia (334)
- Australia (45)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (61)
- Pacific (164)
- Species Group (257)
- Taxonomy (176)
Five most recent topics
- A re-evaluation of the species limits in Asian white-eyes Zosterops: implications and an appeal for information to assess the status of the newly-recognised Sangkar White-eye Z. melanurus
- Brown-cheeked Bulbul (Alophoixus bres): request for information
- Seychelles White-eye (Zosterops modestus): revise global status?
- Maroon-tailed Parakeet (Pyrrhura melanura) is being split: assessment of newly recognised taxa.
- The newly described taxon Rote Leaf-warbler (Phylloscopus rotiensis) is to be recognized as a species by BirdLife International.
Tag Archives: Diamantina Tapaculo
Archived 2016 topics: Diamantina Tapaculo (Scytalopus diamantinensis): uplist from Near Threatened to Endangered?
BirdLife species factsheet for Diamantina Tapaculo Diamantina Tapaculo is known only from the Chapada Diamantina, Bahia, Brazil (Bornschein et al. 2007). The species is listed as Near Threatened, approaching the thresholds for B1ab(iii). The species’s Extent of Occurrence (EOO) is … Continue reading
Archived 2010-2011 topics: Diamantina Tapaculo (Scytalopus diamantinensis): newly described and threatened?
Diamantina Tapaculo Scytalopus diamantinensis has been described from the Chapada Diamantina, Bahia State, Brazil (Bornschein et al. 2007) and is now recognised by BirdLife in line with SACC (2008). Because it is currently known from just four locations within a small range, Bornschein et al. (2007) recommend that it be classified as Vulnerable. Comments on the species’s likely true distribution, and threats to its habitat are welcomed to inform this assessment. Continue reading