- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (946)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (238)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Dupont’s Lark (Chersophilus duponti): Request for information from North Africa
- Principe Speirops (Zosterops leucophaeus): revise global status?
- Tickell’s Brown Hornbill (Anorrhinus tickelli): request for information.
- Sichuan Treecreeper (Certhia tianquanensis): downlist from Near Threatened to Least Concern?
- Gurney’s Pitta (Hydrornis gurneyi): revise global status?
Tag Archives: Diamantina Tapaculo
Archived 2016 topics: Diamantina Tapaculo (Scytalopus diamantinensis): uplist from Near Threatened to Endangered?
BirdLife species factsheet for Diamantina Tapaculo Diamantina Tapaculo is known only from the Chapada Diamantina, Bahia, Brazil (Bornschein et al. 2007). The species is listed as Near Threatened, approaching the thresholds for B1ab(iii). The species’s Extent of Occurrence (EOO) is … Continue reading
Archived 2010-2011 topics: Diamantina Tapaculo (Scytalopus diamantinensis): newly described and threatened?
Diamantina Tapaculo Scytalopus diamantinensis has been described from the Chapada Diamantina, Bahia State, Brazil (Bornschein et al. 2007) and is now recognised by BirdLife in line with SACC (2008). Because it is currently known from just four locations within a small range, Bornschein et al. (2007) recommend that it be classified as Vulnerable. Comments on the species’s likely true distribution, and threats to its habitat are welcomed to inform this assessment. Continue reading