- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (946)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (238)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Dupont’s Lark (Chersophilus duponti): Request for information from North Africa
- Principe Speirops (Zosterops leucophaeus): revise global status?
- Tickell’s Brown Hornbill (Anorrhinus tickelli): request for information.
- Sichuan Treecreeper (Certhia tianquanensis): downlist from Near Threatened to Least Concern?
- Gurney’s Pitta (Hydrornis gurneyi): revise global status?
Tag Archives: Derbyan Parakeet
Archived 2010-2011 topics: Derbyan Parakeet (Psittacula derbiana): information on the threat from trade and resulting population trends requested.
Derbyan Parakeet Psittacula derbiana is currently listed as Least Concern on the IUCN Red List, however recent reports suggest the species is heavily trapped for trade and has disappeared from areas where it was once common. Comments on population trends and threats to the species are invited. If these suggest that the species is declining at a rate approaching 30% over three generations the species may warrant uplisting. Continue reading