- Africa (220)
- Americas (422)
- Archive (949)
- Asia (334)
- Australia (45)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (61)
- Pacific (164)
- Species Group (257)
- Taxonomy (176)
Five most recent topics
- A re-evaluation of the species limits in Asian white-eyes Zosterops: implications and an appeal for information to assess the status of the newly-recognised Sangkar White-eye Z. melanurus
- Brown-cheeked Bulbul (Alophoixus bres): request for information
- Seychelles White-eye (Zosterops modestus): revise global status?
- Maroon-tailed Parakeet (Pyrrhura melanura) is being split: assessment of newly recognised taxa.
- The newly described taxon Rote Leaf-warbler (Phylloscopus rotiensis) is to be recognized as a species by BirdLife International.
Tag Archives: Coppery-bellied Puffleg
Archived 2010-2011 topics: Coppery-bellied Puffleg (Eriocnemis cupreoventris): request for information
Coppery-bellied Puffleg Eriocnemis cupreoventris is listed as Near Threatened under criterion B1a+b(i,ii,iiiv) on the basis that the species was thought to occur at a small number of locations within a moderately small range, which is in decline owing to habitat loss and degradation. The species’s Extent of Occurrence has been updated and is now estimated at 42,900 km2, which no longer approaches the threshold for Vulnerable under the B1 criterion. This suggests that the species is eligible for downlisting to Least Concern.