- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (947)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (238)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Dupont’s Lark (Chersophilus duponti): Request for information from North Africa
- Principe Speirops (Zosterops leucophaeus): revise global status?
- Tickell’s Brown Hornbill (Anorrhinus tickelli): request for information.
- Sichuan Treecreeper (Certhia tianquanensis): downlist from Near Threatened to Least Concern?
- Gurney’s Pitta (Hydrornis gurneyi): revise global status?
Tag Archives: Coppery-bellied Puffleg
Archived 2010-2011 topics: Coppery-bellied Puffleg (Eriocnemis cupreoventris): request for information
Coppery-bellied Puffleg Eriocnemis cupreoventris is listed as Near Threatened under criterion B1a+b(i,ii,iiiv) on the basis that the species was thought to occur at a small number of locations within a moderately small range, which is in decline owing to habitat loss and degradation. The species’s Extent of Occurrence has been updated and is now estimated at 42,900 km2, which no longer approaches the threshold for Vulnerable under the B1 criterion. This suggests that the species is eligible for downlisting to Least Concern.