- Africa (220)
- Americas (422)
- Archive (949)
- Asia (334)
- Australia (45)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (61)
- Pacific (164)
- Species Group (257)
- Taxonomy (176)
Five most recent topics
- A re-evaluation of the species limits in Asian white-eyes Zosterops: implications and an appeal for information to assess the status of the newly-recognised Sangkar White-eye Z. melanurus
- Brown-cheeked Bulbul (Alophoixus bres): request for information
- Seychelles White-eye (Zosterops modestus): revise global status?
- Maroon-tailed Parakeet (Pyrrhura melanura) is being split: assessment of newly recognised taxa.
- The newly described taxon Rote Leaf-warbler (Phylloscopus rotiensis) is to be recognized as a species by BirdLife International.
Tag Archives: Comoro Islands
Archived 2016 topics: Comoro Bulbul (Hypsipetes parvirostris) is being split: list H. parvirostris as Vulnerable and H. moheliensis as Endangered?
This is part of a consultation on the Red List implications of extensive changes to BirdLife’s taxonomy for passerines Lynx Edicions and BirdLife International will soon publish the second volume of the HBW-BirdLife Illustrated Checklist of the Birds of the … Continue reading
Archived 2016 topics: Madagascar Marsh-Harrier (Circus macrosceles): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered?
BirdLife species factsheet for Madagascar Marsh-Harrier: http://www.birdlife.org/datazone/species/factsheet/22695368 Circus macrosceles is found only on Madagascar and the Comoro Islands. It has a broad distribution from the north to the south of Madagascar, but occurs only a low densities. Surveys in 2005-2006 … Continue reading