- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (949)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (238)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Dupont’s Lark (Chersophilus duponti): Request for information from North Africa
- Re-assessment of Species against Criterion B1: Red List Implications of the use of Minimum Convex Polygons
- Principe Speirops (Zosterops leucophaeus): revise global status?
- Tickell’s Brown Hornbill (Anorrhinus tickelli): request for information.
- Sichuan Treecreeper (Certhia tianquanensis): downlist from Near Threatened to Least Concern?
Tag Archives: Comoro Islands
Archived 2016 topics: Comoro Bulbul (Hypsipetes parvirostris) is being split: list H. parvirostris as Vulnerable and H. moheliensis as Endangered?
This is part of a consultation on the Red List implications of extensive changes to BirdLife’s taxonomy for passerines Lynx Edicions and BirdLife International will soon publish the second volume of the HBW-BirdLife Illustrated Checklist of the Birds of the … Continue reading
Archived 2016 topics: Madagascar Marsh-Harrier (Circus macrosceles): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered?
BirdLife species factsheet for Madagascar Marsh-Harrier: http://www.birdlife.org/datazone/species/factsheet/22695368 Circus macrosceles is found only on Madagascar and the Comoro Islands. It has a broad distribution from the north to the south of Madagascar, but occurs only a low densities. Surveys in 2005-2006 … Continue reading