- Africa (220)
- Americas (422)
- Archive (949)
- Asia (334)
- Australia (45)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (61)
- Pacific (164)
- Species Group (257)
- Taxonomy (176)
Five most recent topics
- A re-evaluation of the species limits in Asian white-eyes Zosterops: implications and an appeal for information to assess the status of the newly-recognised Sangkar White-eye Z. melanurus
- Brown-cheeked Bulbul (Alophoixus bres): request for information
- Seychelles White-eye (Zosterops modestus): revise global status?
- Maroon-tailed Parakeet (Pyrrhura melanura) is being split: assessment of newly recognised taxa.
- The newly described taxon Rote Leaf-warbler (Phylloscopus rotiensis) is to be recognized as a species by BirdLife International.
Tag Archives: Colima Warbler
Colima Warbler Vermivora crissalis is currently listed as Near Threatened, however there appears to be no evidence that the species’s population is declining moderately rapidly and its Extent of Occurrence is estimated to be 100,000 km2. Furthermore, there do not appear to be any current severe threats and the species is tolerant of some habitat disturbance. Therefore, it does not appear to approach the Red List thresholds for either criteria and it may require downlisting to Least Concern. Continue reading