- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (946)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (238)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Dupont’s Lark (Chersophilus duponti): Request for information from North Africa
- Principe Speirops (Zosterops leucophaeus): revise global status?
- Tickell’s Brown Hornbill (Anorrhinus tickelli): request for information.
- Sichuan Treecreeper (Certhia tianquanensis): downlist from Near Threatened to Least Concern?
- Gurney’s Pitta (Hydrornis gurneyi): revise global status?
Tag Archives: Colima Warbler
Colima Warbler Vermivora crissalis is currently listed as Near Threatened, however there appears to be no evidence that the species’s population is declining moderately rapidly and its Extent of Occurrence is estimated to be 100,000 km2. Furthermore, there do not appear to be any current severe threats and the species is tolerant of some habitat disturbance. Therefore, it does not appear to approach the Red List thresholds for either criteria and it may require downlisting to Least Concern. Continue reading