- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (946)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (238)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Dupont’s Lark (Chersophilus duponti): Request for information from North Africa
- Principe Speirops (Zosterops leucophaeus): revise global status?
- Tickell’s Brown Hornbill (Anorrhinus tickelli): request for information.
- Sichuan Treecreeper (Certhia tianquanensis): downlist from Near Threatened to Least Concern?
- Gurney’s Pitta (Hydrornis gurneyi): revise global status?
Tag Archives: Cipo Canastero
Cipó Canastero Asthenes luizae is currently classified as Vulnerable. However, it has since been shown to occupy a larger range and is now known from at least 15 localities. While its range remains below the threshold for listing the species as Vulnerable under B1, the fact that it is now known from 15 or more locations and that habitat is relatively stable suggests it warrants downlisting to Near Threatened. Comments on this proposed reassessment are welcomed. Continue reading