- Africa (220)
- Americas (422)
- Archive (949)
- Asia (334)
- Australia (45)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (61)
- Pacific (164)
- Species Group (257)
- Taxonomy (176)
Five most recent topics
- A re-evaluation of the species limits in Asian white-eyes Zosterops: implications and an appeal for information to assess the status of the newly-recognised Sangkar White-eye Z. melanurus
- Brown-cheeked Bulbul (Alophoixus bres): request for information
- Seychelles White-eye (Zosterops modestus): revise global status?
- Maroon-tailed Parakeet (Pyrrhura melanura) is being split: assessment of newly recognised taxa.
- The newly described taxon Rote Leaf-warbler (Phylloscopus rotiensis) is to be recognized as a species by BirdLife International.
Tag Archives: Cipo Canastero
BirdLife species factsheet for Cipo Canastero Cipo Canastero (Asthenes luizae) occurs in few localities in Minas Gerais, Brazil (Espinhaço mountain range and Diamantina plateau, Campina do Bananal, and further north in Monte Azul; Chaves Cordeiro et al. 1998, Vasconcelos et … Continue reading
Cipó Canastero Asthenes luizae is currently classified as Vulnerable. However, it has since been shown to occupy a larger range and is now known from at least 15 localities. While its range remains below the threshold for listing the species as Vulnerable under B1, the fact that it is now known from 15 or more locations and that habitat is relatively stable suggests it warrants downlisting to Near Threatened. Comments on this proposed reassessment are welcomed. Continue reading