- Africa (220)
- Americas (422)
- Archive (949)
- Asia (334)
- Australia (45)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (61)
- Pacific (164)
- Species Group (257)
- Taxonomy (176)
Five most recent topics
- Pampas Meadowlark (Leistes defilippii): request for information.
- Cipo Canastero (Asthenes luizae): revise global status?
- Plumbeous Antvireo (Dysithamnus plumbeus): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered?
- Helmeted Woodpecker (Hylatomus galeatus): uplist from VU to EN?
- Black-capped Piprites (Piprites pileata): downlist from Vulnerable to Near Threatened?
Tag Archives: Cipo Canastero
BirdLife species factsheet for Cipo Canastero This discussion was first published as part of the 2019 Red List update. At the time a decision regarding the status of this species was pended, but to enable potential reassessment of this species … Continue reading
Cipó Canastero Asthenes luizae is currently classified as Vulnerable. However, it has since been shown to occupy a larger range and is now known from at least 15 localities. While its range remains below the threshold for listing the species as Vulnerable under B1, the fact that it is now known from 15 or more locations and that habitat is relatively stable suggests it warrants downlisting to Near Threatened. Comments on this proposed reassessment are welcomed. Continue reading